Friday, November 28, 2008

Bits and Pieces (Part II)

**** Kibaw bamo, dili nindot mag recycle ex boyfriends, ang tawag dira kay basurera!

Someone asked me to read the blog of her best friend and I was caught by the line that was written in there, so I end up writing about it. Just a little background of her story. She and her ex-boyfriend had broken up a long time ago but somehow the guy still wants to hang out with her. To cut the long story short, one of her trusted her friend is now dating the guy. The friend who is going out with the guy is the same person who used to tell her to break up with the guy since he is a jerk. Moral of the story: I want your jerk boyfriend so break up with him. Nice.

Going back to the topic, at some point we will be so-called "basurera" because our boyfriends was someone else's boyfriend first before they come our way. But figuratively and literally speaking, I think she has driven a warning to all the ladies. We all be basurera, yes - that's a given - but make sure that the guy you are picking is not a jerk - not a trash.

**** Make sure your happiness is not someone else's MISERY!

I love Friday shift not only that it's the last day of work, it's also the time where countless conversation about anything and everything about love and life occurs between me, Lovely, Nazel and even Manong Mark.

We were in the pool side last Friday when we were talking about Lovely's adventure when she was still working in a cruise ship. As our conversation progresses, we end up talking about relationships (the most exciting topic amongst ladies). We were sharing stories of infidelity, lost love and all sorts. I'm not the most experienced lady when it comes to this stuff, in fact I can very well claim that I am very inexperienced. But I pointed out one very simple idea when it comes to matters of the heart: Make sure you happiness is not someone else's misery. If a relationship started in the wrong foot, it's eventually doom to fail.

**** To search within (inspired by Malou)

A good friend of mine, Malou, recently flew to Singapore to find a job. We were talking the other night and she was laughing to herself saying that she was insane of flying to another country when most people are going home due to the global economic crises that we are currently experiencing. She said that her trip is not simply to look for a job but to search within. She badly wanted to escape the box life that she have here in Bacolod.

I have countless conversation about my future plans with my parents and I totally understand where she is coming. Time and again, I kept telling my parents that Bacolod is my comfort place. I can always go back in here anytime I want to - this is my home. I still wanted to do so much and I know there are a lot more that I can do. I know what I want, I have always been clear on the things that I wanted to achieve but somehow I'm still stuck.

So yes, I need to search within if I still want the same things. Moreover, I need to gather my act and start working on it already.

No comments: