Friday, November 28, 2008

Bestfriends

We all have friends, even a person whom we call a loner has met at least one person in his life that he have considered as a friend at one point or the other. I have always held a strong conviction within me that I am blessed when it comes to friends. In the last 21 years of my life, I have met friends which i can trust with all of heart and who knows what's going through in my mind before i could even say a word. Friends are real treasure and i would love to believe that i know how to keep them (ahem, girls - do i?, hehe). I have always encouraged my friends to do their best, cheer them up when they are down, cry with them when they have heartaches, laugh our hearts out. They are like my sisters, my partners in crime and my confidant. When I was in elementary i was lucky to have Jacqueline in my life. During our high school years, we had some fading away although we are still studying in the same school. My circle of friends change since I was in the best class but still, we made it a point to still call each other and update one another although again, we do not hang out that much. If i bumped into her mother once in a while, I can still feel the fondness that she has for me. I love tita Marj, she's really cool. Jackie is one of the sweetest person that i have met, needless to say, one of the genuine gals too..

Highschool, it was a different story, I have friends who are girls but i was closest to RV my guy bestfriend and I fondly address him as Best (corny - but he likes it that way). He is the one who started the nickname thing anyway and from that time on forward i call him by that name unless I'm mad at him or i want to get his attention then i would call him by his firstname or his other nickname. Having a guy bestfriend was really fun because I always get what I want (he let's me get what I want always). I always get my way and he admits that he had been giving in to all my wishes to the point that he never says no. What Jane wants, Jane gets it. I can still remember the days that we would go to a mall and I get to choose which card to give to his crush, which kind of flower is he going to get for her or if she will give her a chocoloate or a teddy bear (I can't help but smile thinking again of how it was back then). High school had been memorable to me, 4 years that was spent wisely and it was a fun ride all the way. College have to be the most interesting years of my life though. I have meet 4 other beautiful people, will just 3 technically because i know Chia way back in high school. We were classmates and had been friends way back but in college I got to say that we got closer and the group got bigger with Sedneth joining us. I still remember that she used to be this shy girl that would hardly talk...lol.. Sed, Lovelyn, and Irene used to be in the same group but the other 2 (Irene and Love) join a different class for Accounting leaving Sed and so, Chia and I, we kind of adopt Sed in since we go to the same Accounting class. That's where it all started. When we started to taking in our major classes the five of us were inseparable (literally).

I missed the girls. The laughs, the endless conversations which we termed as "reflection papers" when we talked about life, plans and so much more. I miss them so much, the talks till it's dawn, the sleepovers, the movie marathon, the getaways. After graduation we kind of part ways, Irene and Chia went to Manila and decided to work there. I would love to do the same but I'm stuck in Bacolod since I still have some obligations in here. I badly miss them, time spent with them is just simply amazing. So girls, if you are reading them, it's time to get that much needed vacation... 071108 06:21 AM

No comments: