Tuesday, January 13, 2009

For the sake of Compliance

I don't know how you guys feel about meetings, but me, I resent it big time. I'm not talking about quick huddles or a 15-minute update... I'm referring to a 2-hour meeting and the people in it can't seem to make up there mind and just going on circles and circles. Everyone are questioning each other (which is good for the sake of argument and discussion) but it would be a relief if they will also find it in their heart to concede and give way to one another. If only they will listen closely and not think of this as some sort of competition that the one with the most questions win.

Ahhhhh.... Me, I'm selectively listening. I'm reading and replying to emails, blogging (just like what I'm doing now) and reading other blogs. Anything at all that would be make me productive in the next 2-hours. You may asked me why I am still attending this darn meeting if I hate it so much - for the sake of compliance. I wonder if my supervisor would issue me an IR (for insubordination) if I don't attend this meeting... hmmmm...I think he won't. So let me drop the line now. They can argue all they want, I'm out of here.

2 comments:

green musings said...

in other words: what's the point of being physically present if your mind is somewhere else?

Janey-ism said...

Exactly, that's why I drop off Bevs... Can't go on pretending..hehe