Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Bits and Pieces (Part III)

*** Gaza Conflict
More than a thousand casualty has been reported to have died and suffered since the conflict in Gaza erupted. What's worst is that most of them were children who are either sleeping in their bedroom or having classes in school when one of the Israeli missiles hit them. With the unilateral ceasefire, I hope this war will be over soon. But even then, the damage has been done already; parents grieving over the death of their children and children wondering what future holds for them with no parents around. Sometimes, I wish that I could stay as a kid, a time when you don't have to worry about anything since all your needs are well provided for, but I just realize even kids are not safe anymore in fact, they are increasingly fragile and very vulnerable to this cruel world. There's no safe place anymore :(

*** Australian Open
Australian Open has already started last Monday. Yeppi! First round is almost over and the big names joining this tournament have already played and no big upset yet. Tomorrow, second round will kick off and there will be some interesting games.

*** Walking Contradiction
I am a walking contradiction and I won't even dare justify myself, I won't even try. There's too much going on and too little explanation. A picture of complexity.

*** My Beermen - What happened?
3rd game of the Semi finals of San Miguel Beermen and Talk N' Text. It was a close game but Talk N' Text managed to pull off a win by 2 points. Grrr. They lead the series now, 2-1. The last 4 remaining teams have what it takes to be a champion but the match up with SMB and TnT is a must watch one. They are the two most strongest needless to say, the most star-studded team in the league. I just hope SMB goes to the finals this year.

*** Working Through Pain
I have worked through pain last night. For some reason I have stomach spasms/stomach ache - I don't know exactly what I'm feeling. I had to go to the clinic at around 2 in the morning so that I can rest and I sleep through it the entire day. I still am experiencing it but it's tolerable and I feel better now than last night.

No comments: