Wednesday, January 2, 2013

22th of January: Movie Marathon

REPOST: TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2011

I spend the weekend with H and watching several movies (DVD's are courtesy of Cookie). It has some indie films, French and Spanish and those has sexual innuendo which I can recommend for a movie review with Psychology students since it touches several aspects of life. 

I remember struggling with my movie reviews back in college simply because I only knew a handful of movies that can qualify as such and if I have access to this movies at those times, I could write all my movie reviews for one semester at one sitting.

I also watch several movies depicting the life of American youth, their struggles to find their place in a much complex world (Rachel Getting Married, Dare, Bully). It tackles issues such as drugs, bullying and peer pressure. I also watched a thought provoking film titled, The Chosen One which speaks of innate goodness of man and having faith. Charlie St. Cloud is an interesting movie. It revolves around the death of Sam, Charlie's brother and how he struggled moving on from that family tragedy. 

Then there are the feel good films; When in Rome, the animated movie, The Guardian of Ga'Hoole, a history film about Young Victoria and how she come to power, choose her husband and become one of the good leaders of her time despite her youth. All which I watched with my sister. 

What a weekend right? But of course the best thing about it is spending time talking, hugging, kissing and simply having fun with H. There is no one dull moment with him =).

No comments: