Monday, June 8, 2009

Weekend Nightmare

Not only did I miss going out last weekend (something that I badly wanted to do) but I also had fever and unimaginable pain caused by my wisdom tooth.

It started out Wednesday and I thought that I just need to have my regular 6th month dental cleaning thing. But Thursday, I started to notice that my teeth have been extremely sensitive and it was hard to eat already. Friday was my scheduled leave and I was starting to be feverish. As the hour passes, feverish turns to fever and my second molar started to hurt so badly I was crying in pain. My parents started to panic and drove to the 24 hour drugstore they can find to buy me some pain reliever. I'm not a fan of medicine and I think the feeling is mutual, they are not also fond of me. The first medicine that I took has no effect or whatsoever at all. Come Saturday morning, my mother got me another medicine and still to no avail and boy, it was one of my longest night to date.

Sunday morning, I tried another pain reliever and luckily it was effective. I was able to sleep soundly the entire night but my fever won't go away. Today, I went to my dentist again and ask for another prescription since last Saturday he was out of clinic due to some engagement (ain't I'm lucky?). He also did an X-ray on my teeth and turns out my second molar was the not the problem, it was perfectly fine rather it was my wisdom tooth that is pushing my last two molars and causing the tension and the pain. He referred me to another dentist who specializes on such cases but that person is still Manila so I still have to wait. He says that the pain is just occasional but to totally eradicate such concern it might be best to have my wisdom tooth removed.

The pain is gone now but I have to psyche myself before I schedule myself of having my wisdom tooth extracted (yikes, scary). I just have to get some rest so that my fever will completely go away.

I really don't mind having my wisdom tooth extracted, so far it's been nothing but a pain, it's not really giving me any piece of wisdom or whatsoever. Why do we call it wisdom tooth anyway when we can simply call it as molar? Hmmm, I'll ask my dentist some other time.

No comments: