Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Best Ang Tatay Ko

Daddy, Dada, Papa, Tatay - call them whatever you want but without them, you and I will not exist in this world.

Sunday morning - Father's day he step into our room and give me and my sleeping sister a kiss on our forehead...yes, that's how sweet our father is. I can't find a word to describe how grateful I am to him for everything he has done to me and my sister. In my 22 years of existence, he has almost almost been everything to me. He has been my....
  • Alarm clock - he makes it a point that I get to class on time. During my primary years, he would prepare my bath, wakes me up and prepare my clothes.
  • Nanny - he makes it a point that I get all my stuff ready - assignments, lunchbox, snacks, water, name it.
  • Driver - up to this point, our safety is a major concern. Back then, we used to commute he makes it a point that I get to school safely and picks me up after class. Now that I'm older, he still does the same thing. Night out? - one call away, he will be there to pick me up.
  • My number 1 fan/supporter - he encourages me to explore greater heights, he never stopped me from anything that I wanted. He never question my decision and he has complete faith in me. I've never known a father who can trust so much to her daughter, but yes, Papa has complete trust in me and although it still puzzles me, I'm grateful that he is.
  • Best friend - I was always closed with him. My mom is the so-called disciplinarian so every time I do something silly as a kid, I run to him for refuge. Boy trouble, believe it or not, it's him that I run too.
  • Mentor/teacher - When confused, it's him that I go too. Life has been so much easier because of his guidance. I never strayed away because he was always there to guide my path.
I am the person I am today because of his great work and guidance. Papa, you are the best father that I can ask for. For always, me and Lean will try to make you proud.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simply the best. Some are just so lucky to have this kind of father. Happy Father's Day to your dad Janey.

Janey-ism said...

Thanks Yum...you are just as lucky to have Tita Mat =)