Tuesday, April 14, 2009

That Thing Called Love

A lot has been written about love and many has play guru on the this subject matter but one can really be an expert on such a complex subject? I don't think so. But I'm going to share my thoughts on it anyway, what I can do, it is still undoubtedly the most interesting topic to discuss =).

Love has many faces, it takes various forms, it comes to you in varied ways. The only thing I know to ensure it will last is to constantly work it on...I saw that with my parents. Yes, work on it and both has to work on it not just one person. One can only do so much to fix the problem but it can be tiring to be the one constantly adjusting and trying to make both ends met.

Love requires a lot of trust. Once it's broken, it's tough to regain it back, but it can be done; it depends I guess on how forgiving and resilient to pain the person involved is. Me, that has yet to come, I don't know how forgiving and resilient I can be if my partner cheats on me. I can only hope I will be enough and that time will not come. It's like this, once your partner cheats on you, it seems that you always tip-toe around. You always watch your back and behind your mind, you will never get enough assurance that he won't do it again. Very tough.

I always believe that things are simple. It's the complexity of the individual involved and the decision to complicate things that makes it complex. Yes, there some people who really likes complicating things when they really shouldn't be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree on your axiom about things being simple and we are the only ones complicating them. But sometimes in matters of the heart, it's a challenge to keep it simple especially if it requires you to save yourself and lose the person you love in return. Sometimes, sacrifices have to be made when you are really willing to be with that person no matter what. It's hard to be black and white about it.