Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I Can't Say NO

How do eat your cake? Do you eat the best part first or you save the best for last? Just by the way one eats something, you can see how they discipline themselves.

Delaying gratification, that's how I usually discipline myself. Work should be done first before I give myself a reward. Why? I feel motivated to work as hard as I can when I know what's waiting for me after. If the reward comes first, I lose all my drive since I have nothing to get excited about after the doing all the work. Okay, I'm blabbering now, hehe. This post is not about delaying gratification but my ability to say NO. (I don't make much sense, do I?. Oh well.)

But if there is one thing that I cannot refuse or can't say no, that is helping "them". It's hard to say no when you know you are there last option, there last course of action, that they tried but somehow they always end up asking help with you. I have a big heart but I can't help but wonder at times if I'm doing the right thing or not. As Sed would have it, family will always be family. It's hard to turn your back on them. I sound as if I'm complaining about helping them, in a way I am complaining. I just wish they will more sensitive with me and with my parents. It's not like I'm earning a 6-digit pay every month. Oh well, I'll get by. Life is not always fair but it is still good. Nuff said.

No comments: