Monday, December 29, 2008

Why then?

Green Girl, I have finally found the time to finish this blog which is really intended for you.

Remember, you asked me once what could be the reason why you are still single. I told you that I would answer that one some other time and I have given it some thought, so here it is.

Green Girl - you have that wit that can make a guy dumbfounded (I'm not saying this just to flatter you; we both know its true). He better be smart or else, he will bore you to death. And it's not easy to find someone that can come up with smart comebacks when talking you. If you are smart girl, guys are threatened by it, worst, they get insecure by your intelligence. You can be stubborn, and I'm telling you already, Filipino guys often resent that...they want Ms. Submissive, Ms. Yes to all there whims, Ms. Ask Permission if you are going out and all those petty stuff. I will stop here - you know yourself more than I do - I'm just emphasizing the salient points.

Let's go to the things you need to do to land that first date with Mr. Prospect.
1. I really think you should go out a lot. If you are only hanging out with co-workers, friends and family, you won't meet enough guys in that circle. I'm not saying you need to go to parties every week, once or twice a month will do. But don't restrict the crowds that you hang out with.

2. You should not really be in rush but in case you decide to - Be proactive (wink). By that I mean, if you think there is someone that caught your interest - don't be shy to ask him for coffee or have small talks (You're supposed to be my daughter and I wonder why you grow up to be so shy-hehe). Seriously though, I'm not saying that you asked him out for a date just show some form of encouragement. A smile perhaps. By proactive, I mean creating a situation where he will notice you or give you a second look.

I don't think you are worried that you are still single up to now or are you? I can sense that you are just looking for fun, for variety in your life right now. Just be careful - that's what i kept telling the girls. We are not supposed to be beaten in a game that we started. Just date and go out and have fun. If you think you're up for the serious thing - I strongly suggest that you read Ninya's blog, hehe – (http://ninyatippett.blogspot.com/2008/07/what-to-look-for-in-mr-next-when.html). She says it all there and I could not agree with her more.

5 comments:

green musings said...

i didn't know you were psycho-analyzing me behind my back, MOM. Anyhow, nope, I'm not musing over my single-ness as of the moment. I'm thinking: why complicate my perfectly simple life, right?

Janey-ism said...

Right, don't complicate it for the time being - if you choose to "complicate" your life in the future, it's not so bad really..

green musings said...

is it not? it is! it is bad! especially when i don't have the right faculties for love. etchos!

Janey-ism said...

Right faculties on love gid ya bi.. But I have to agree on that note (not just in your case but in general); you should have the "right faculties" indeed or else..

Anonymous said...

amen to that. this is green musing's alter-ego speaking. haha! but i think i'm making progress. etchos! cute kai andy, hee.