Monday, December 22, 2008

2008 - The Year it has been

2009 is just a few days ahead and I'm looking forward to it with much excitement... a new year, a fresh start, another year to conquer greater heights.

But before I go ahead of myself and tell you what my plans are for 2009, I'm taking another look at 2008 - a year that it has been for me.

This year, I finally graduated from college and I did it with flying colors. The late night works, last minute procrastination paid off (hehe). 32 units of workload is no joke but hard work and discipline, I was able to pull it through (so did the rest of the LC gals). I was not a struggling unemployed graduate as well, that's another accomplishment. By the time I graduate I had established myself already as one of the senior analyst. Lastly, I was able to buy my parents a house. This was by far my biggest investment and at some point, I was already broke... hehe. I was a financially struggling brat during the last two quarters of this year (this same brat is learning to pay bills now -hehe). I was have to stop my self from going to places that I wanted to go, stop going out, and I had to limit my purchases to needs and have the wants set aside. I was always been good in managing my finances but still, it's really tough.

This has been a year of first also. I got my heart broken this year. But it was not as horrible as I think it would be (I was not suicidal nor did I beg the person to love me back)...lol. I few nights out did the trick. Again, I have proven that I'm still resilient in the face of adversity (personal aspect at least).

A year of firsts, of accomplishment, of struggles, of learning. But this year ended with a bang - A new guy, a new love. Nuff said.

No comments: