Monday, August 17, 2009

You Have To

How do you let go of something you really want?

By far, it is one of the most difficult question I have to answer. It's always a constant battle of heart and mind. Our hearts will tell us to hold on and our logical mind will tell us to stop and move on. Where do we draw the line? It's very hard to tell. But if there's one thing that I want you to think right now, I want you to think of yourself.

I have been an audience of this love story for quite sometime now, I say anything to you unless you asked for my opinion but perhaps now is the time for me to speak up. You have been there for him and have been so understanding every time. Now more than ever I want you to be there for yourself. I want you to think of yourself and do yourself a favor. You deserve so much better and I don't think I can entrust you to that guy forever.

How can I entrust you to him when he acts so foolishly and expects you to just forgive him all the time? How can I entrust you to him when he is so insensitive of your feelings? How can I entrust you to him when he hurt you and show no remorse after? How can you entrust yourself to someone who only loves his self?

How do you let go of something you really want then? Because you have to. Because if you don't, you will be more miserable. Because you shed more tear more than you laugh. Because if you don't, you will lose yourself. Because you're the only one who wants this and he is not willing to do his share of the bargain. Because you are becoming someone you don't want to be.I think that's enough reason.

I know how much you love him and I know how painful it is (it's breaking our hearts too) but I think this is for the best. If only I can ease your pain even just momentarily I would. But we know that's not possible nevertheless, rest assured that I'm here anytime you need me.

PS: Just when you thought that the pain is so unbearable and you can't do it anymore, trust me, you'll find it deep within you the strength you never know you have before. Never underestimate yourself. Cry a bucket if you must. It's okay not be okay, it's okay to wallow, it's okay to get mad at some point, it's okay to reconsider getting back at him but all will be well in time. Just hang in there. This decision has been tough (we know) and I think it's really for the best.

And my house is always open if you need a change of environment and if you need anything, I'm just here. Love you!

No comments: