Thursday, August 27, 2009

Little Things

A former colleague from work and I had a talk last night. He asked me if I can go out from work and spend some time with him, I said yes. Turns out he and his girlfriend just broke up. After telling me the preliminaries, I then asked him proverbial question of why and why not.

As I was listening to the reasons that he gave to me and the "she said" version of the story, I can't help but point out that it's always the little things. It's the little things taken for granted by the other person that often accumulates and then after some time, things blow up. It's the simple issue that are put aside in hope that the other person will just drop it instead of sitting down and discussing it. It's as simple as not being able to compromise to give way to the other person.

Quite ironical isn't it? These simple things could have been easily avoided and resolved but why is it so hard sometimes. Why is it easier to simply shut up even if there's something wrong? Why is it hard to lay down certain terms and just be honest with what you want? Why is it so hard to give five minutes and call that person? Why? I don't know.

But as a cliche would have it - If there's a will, there's a way. So true. The relationship ended because the couple involved simply give up to work it out. I guess it was inevitable. Some good things has just to end. Sad. But in his case, a heartbreak can be solved by a hearty meal. What a jerk. Peace out =)

2 comments:

clueless said...

rule number one=be honest!

TakenForGranted said...

I agree! be honest.. then it's up to the both of you work things out.. open communication is a key to a great relationship.. lol.. who am i to say this.. i can't even fix my own rel..