Friday, February 13, 2009

Seeing through me

My mom often complains that I'm a bit cold, that my logic always get the better of me. She says that I always want to get the upper hand on most things (true), that I'm "sigurista" (I don't know exactly what's the perfect English equivalent word), that I only took risk when it's a win-win situation so that I can secure my victory in the end. To her actually, I'm a coward...claiming that I'm a risk taker when in fact no assurance scares me like hell.

Ahh, mothers. Why are they so good in seeing right through people. One look, they know already what's running through your mind. Just when I thought I'm doing the right thing, she will point out that I got it all wrong. I just love her wisdom but at times, I resent it too. She allows me to make my own decisions but boy, when you allow her to talk and give her piece on the matter, you can only shake your head and agree on what she is saying (that's what I feel with my mother). She seldom speaks up her mind but when she does, brace yourself because she will tell you the very things that you are avoiding to hear.

So yes Ma. It's about time to change my approach. After all, I know that you will always be there for me no matter what. The countdown begins.

No comments: