Friday, February 6, 2009

Mixed Stuff

The Fun Part:

It was the 70th birthday of one of my grandmother yesterday and her kids throw a big party for her as part of their thanksgiving for all the great years they had with her. My father did not come as usual, he is not a fan of lavish parties so I accompanied Mama.

Meeting most of your relatives can be overwhelming. As usual, the lola and lolo's are asking where's my father and I would just smile and say, you know him (just phone him and ask him for a beer or two, he like that better). While the tito and tita's are asking for a detailed story of how are you all these months, how's work, how's my lovelife, how's everybody here and there (can you imagine, interrogation galore in other words). And the cousins (mostly my second cousins), I love seeing them. Everytime I see them, they are all getting taller than me, hehe. By the end of the night, when I sneak out of the party because I have my work waiting, I felt that my energy dwindle with all the talking and the saying hello to everyone. But I was very happy to see them.

*************************
The Not-so-fun Part:

I was running late for work so it was impractical for Papa to drive me home so that I can change and drive me back to work again. So, I went to work all dress up last night. Boy, the moment I reached my station, I kick off my damn heels because my feet is so red and Ron said, they are as red as tomatoes (poor feet). It badly needs a massage but I need to attend a meeting short after I arrived and one of the trainers asked me to give a QA talk later that shift. So my foot massage needs to wait because I have to work with my evaluations in between meetings. Thankfully, I got slippers at the office that I can change to or else, I would have opted to do barefoot in the office (I don't care if I'm not giving justice to my dress but my feet aches). No blisters- thankfully, but point is, I'm not just used with heels, they are not for me really.

Moral of the story though that I got from wearing heels: There are things in life that you just have to do or bear with eventhough they may seem unpleasant, not-so-attractive, or in this case painful. Given that not all things are pleasant, you just have to do certain things the hard way because it's the only way to do it. I need to wear that heels because I have to (although I was tempted to wear slippers really, but that would be so hello; an outfit mismatch). I don't know if that makes sense, but that's it. The most valuable lessons are learned the hard way. (The beauty of the not-so-fun part is that you always learn something from it -whatcha think?).

*************************
The Sweet Part:

I went to work all dress up and the reaction of the people, "You know what Jane, you should dress like that more often". Of course I said thank you to all the compliments that they said but at the same time, arguing with them that I like wearing my jeans and tank tops and my slippers. I feel much comfortable with them rather than wearing dresses.

I even joke and told them that I just prefer to look like a trash but if I choose too, I can be Ms.All Girly or Ms.Lady-like all the time (and they all said, that's not what we meant and you don't look like trash --- I was just exaggerating actually). But it's really sweet, they all encourage me to wear a dress once in a while and I told them to count this instance as "once" and "a while" will be quite sometime.

Special mention to Josette for driving me home, for sparing me to walk with heels and for giving justice to my outfit. That's the beauty when your working with a bunch of moms, they always look out for you.

No comments: