Friday, February 6, 2009

Back to the drawing board

It was doing some form of accounting yesterday before I went to bed and to my surprise, my expenses for this month has gone up considerably. My oh my. I was pretty confident that I was on track financially but when I go through it, I just shook my head in disbelief. True, I have made some withdrawals from my savings account but I sure did not notice that I withdraw 5 times for this month alone. Worst, I don't even know where I used the money.

Was I going out a lot - don't think so (Sure, I had dinner with my college friends but I wasn't spending much). Did I shop this month? - I don't believe so either, I don't hit the mall that often and I am a one-time big-time shopper (It means, when I shop, it's scheduled and I did shop last December already so it's too early to schedule another shopping spree soon). Was it because of my birthday?- Definitely not, my parents prepared a simple dinner and they're the ones who spend on it (that means, I still owe the girls a lunch or dinner when they are free already). I was sure that my head was aching before I went to bed.

So, for this month I need to save - save big time. I cannot afford to splurge, not until I'm done with my financial project. I'm back to the drawing board. It was pay day yesterday and I set aside a good chunk of it as my savings (I'm going to do some banking on Monday again). Definitely no withdrawals for this month. I have disciplined myself before so I can definitely do it again.

2 comments:

green musings said...

you REALLY need to save, especially since dayunon ta ang LiaCom trip ta this summer, remember?

so where to? im thinking palawan if we cant go out of the country :D

Janey-ism said...

Take it from somebody who has been savings a lot also, right baby? Don't worry I'll save up for that LC trip of ours...