Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ash Wednesday

Ash Wednesday is the first day of the Lent and the faithful goes to church to have an ash placed in their forehead as a sign of repentance. Every Lent season I see to it that I would give up something as my personal sacrifice. Catholics are not supposed to eat meat during Fridays (high day of sacrifice) but as another form of abstinence, we are encourage to give up something that we love doing for this season. We are reminded to practice moderation in whatever activity that we do and avoid indulging.

For this season, I'm lessening my television time. It's something that I'm really fond of and if there is a sacrifice that I can make that is worthy to be called as a sacrifice, that would be it. No basketball games for me (huhuhu) for the time being.

It's the perfect time to pause and reflect and pray. Have a blessed Lent season everyone!

No comments: