Thursday, February 25, 2010

Is There A Timeframe?

Is there a time frame for moving on? Should it be a week, a month or a year? It's highly relevant. We have different coping mechanisms and the depth of relationship is also something that needs to be taken into consideration. Some move on fast, some slow, some never, some too fast.

It doesn't matter what way you cope and move on but I think the general idea of moving on is to do it in a healthy manner. You do what you can to be able to get by every waking day but I think you don't want to hasten the process and in return fall flat on your ass without you realizing it. What do I mean by this?

I see some women in haste to replace the old love. Rebound is what we call it. The good thing about rebound is that it provides the needed distraction. It makes a woman feel good about herself. Adoration is good but we should be careful to distinguish one from the other, love vs. adoration. I think it is silly to hasten the process of healing just because you want to rub in your ex's face that you have moved on and as proof you have a new boy-toy. It is both childish and immature and needless to say, a desperate-pathetic act.

I admire women who takes their time to fix themselves. Women who regain their self-worth by being better in work perhaps or strengthening their relationship with family and friends now that they are single. I admire women who held their chin up and say, I was hurt and I'm still hurting and it's gonna be sometime but I know I will be okay.


No comments: