Monday, February 15, 2010

Heart's Day


Couples dating celebrating the Valentine's Day flood the mall either to watch a movie or to dine. Public display of affection is just everywhere... I happened to sit across a young couple in the jeepney on my way to dinner who are making out oblivious of the public watching them.

Valentine's day might be overrated to some but it is still a day a lot of people look forward to celebrating. It is a day when couples, young and old, married or not, group of friends, co-workers and family go out and express love to the people dear to them.

While I have the luxury of showing my parents and my sister how much I loved them, my partner is half way around the globe and I was contented of having him on the phone on this special day.

And yet, he maybe thousand of miles away but it did not stop him from making the hearts day so special for me. If there is a will, there is a way indeed (wink).

I was surprised to see Sed walked in at out dinner place carrying gifts for me. Here I am thinking I'm going to be the one to surprised her with our present, turns out I was wrong. I am happy with the simple things life has to offer me and was surprised with the extravagant surprise of my Sweetie.

Now looking all the presents, I am nothing but overwhelmed. I love gushing about them, how can I not and I would be a hypocrite if I say I don't feel extremely lucky for such expression of love by my partner.

But more than the extravagant presents, time and again he keeps going out of his way, go through all the troubles just to make me feel that he is just closed to me. More than the goods, it is the thought that counts. That not even the Pacific ocean can stop him from making me feel so special. I am appreciated and loved above all no questions asked and I love him so much from the bottom of my heart.


PS: Sweetie, I want you to know that I feel your love for me every single day without a doubt. You said it yourself, you are here with me day in and day out. Night and day for the last 14 months. I love you so much!

Sed, thank you for helping Anton do this for me. We owe you big time. Thank you for being there for us. I love you!

A great fiance/soon-to-be-husband and a great best friend...anything is possible with you two around, hehe.

4 comments:

clueless said...

love you both..i was more than happy to do it hehe still cant get over how pretty your flowers are

Janey-ism said...

Me neither, hehe.

Anonymous said...

Is this guy bigger than me?

Janey-ism said...

In what aspect are you asking? You have to be specific or else I can't give you a definite answer..haha