Monday, March 9, 2009

Prom Night




I never get to go to one when I was in high school simply because our school administrators won't allow it. Simply put, we don't have PROM ever - not my batch nor the 40 plus batch before me and the 40 other batch after me. But in a way, I'm thankful that I didn't go to one. Saves my mom a lot of trouble needless to mention, the preparation is tideous.

Last Saturday, I attended the prom of Audrey or should I say, we (Me and Mel) babysit (hehe). Every high school student is excited about their prom. It's like the highlight of their high school life. I bet, the girls have already imagined the gowns that they are going to wear while the guys have practice how are they going to ask their dream girl out to be their prom date. It's a memorable night to most and after watching three prom (two of which Aika attended) I'm beginning to understand why.

I'm making a list of the things that makes this night truly unforgettable:
  • Match make in heaven - You go out with the person you have been wanting to go out all these years (a crush from long ago; a boyfriend/girlfriend; you went out with the most beautiful girl/the most handsome guy in your batch)
  • Mismatch - You go out with the least person you want to go out with; someone whose personality doesn't jive yours but since you are out of time to look for a date you said yes :(
  • So alone - You went to your prom without a date; dateless in short (this works for me - I can grab the cutest guy there is, lol)
  • You made a scene either by dropping the vase where the beautiful red roses are, trip while walking and you almost fell down on the stage (thanks to your partner for catching you)
  • You got blister all over your feet since you are not used to wearing heels and since you can't bare it no more; you walk around the party hall barefoot (love it! - I would have done the same, hehe).
  • You and your boyfriend had just a fight, so you spend the entire night frowning (When you're in front of the camera smile, why ruin the night?)
  • Your beautiful gown was ruined sometime during the night - may it be the petticoat, the zipper, the button, in the case of Auds - the lining of her dress.
Overall, I guess it's the mixed emotion of anticipation, of fidgeting, of excitement, of curiosity, of nervousness that makes this night a special night.

No comments: