Monday, March 23, 2009

Early Morning Call

I woke up early today due to a call from a high school friend. As far as I can remember, there are 5 Psychology graduate from our batch; 3 are actually practicing ones so I was surprised when I got the call. Out of the 5 he picked to call me... perhaps, I was the lucky one.

He and his girlfriend just broke up (I'm not of course allowed to elaborate further than that) . We had a nice conversation and this is one of those moment when I feel that I made the right choice of taking up Psychology. Indeed, I want it and I need it. I want it to be able to better understand myself and I need it to be able to help others.

I was amused when after our talk he asked why I'm so quiet....I was like... because I'm not supposed to talk, I was supposed to listen. He give one of those happy laugh and said, I called the right person. It's one of the most rewarding remark that a friend can say to you.

We oftentimes think that if a person calls for help we have do something, that we have to fix their problems for them. What we fail to realize is that what matters is our presence, our just being there at that certain moment.

This is not exactly the best wake up call for me but then again it was a relief call to someone else so I guess I'll take it =) .

Remember, you always do a little growing up everytime you do a little letting go. At the end of the day, what matters is that you learn something and you come out as a better individual. All will be well in time my friend =).

No comments: