Thursday, March 12, 2009

Janey once asked me...

Janey once asked me.. "How will a person know if it's really love?"... That long pause during our conversation explains that you are having a hard time answering my question. I know I have put you on the spot but what you said at that time will serve as a reminder for always.

It's indeed one of the toughest question I dared to ask myself. For people who really know me, you are witness of what I'm like when it comes relationship. I may sound so full of myself but truth is, they come and go. I was the type who never commits and chooses to settle for the 'now'. My parents have long awaited the day that I'll introduce them to that special person (sigh). As to my bestfriends, I'm getting used with the interrogating that they give me every time I mention a new name.

I know I have so much love to give and yet I was always skeptical if I am going to find that someone whose going to take care of me. I'm good in taking good care of others yet at times it's such a struggle to find someone who is going to take care of me. I have to look out for others yet no one is there to look out for me. And yes, I do feel alone and I do get tired.

How will a person know if it's really love? - I'd say, definition of love is highly relative. It varies from one person to the other. How will I know if this is really love - I'd tell you the reason some other time but one thing is for sure...i know it is!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

True love is a sacred flame
That burns eternally,
And none can dim its special glow
Or change its destiny.
True love speaks in tender tones
And hears with gentle ear,
True love gives with open heart
And true love conquers fear.
True love makes no harsh demands
It neither rules nor binds,
And true love holds with gentle hands
The hearts that it entwines.
Love you, Jane Anton

Janey-ism said...

Beautiful poem...I can't describe it any better than you did...thanks sweetie. Love you too!